The Bronx River’s African-American Heritage
Friday, February 22, 2013
12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
Morgan Powell will highlight African-American women to the sound of a century of great music. Featured women include: Jessye Norman, opera singer. Lorraine Hansberry, award winning playwright. Ilyassa Shabazz, CUNY executive & Malcolm X daughter. Bricktop & A’lelia Walker, financiers to the Harlem Renaissance. Tanya Fields & Majora Carter, nationally known environmental activists, The Chiffons & Celia Cruz, musical icons, and many more. Come see and hear answers through new research featured in the New York Daily News and cited in the New York Times.
Directions to Poe Park
Poe Park Weather
- January Events At Poe Park
- Greener Pastures: Celebrating 125 Years Of Bronx Parks
- Comic Book Art Exhibition On Display At Poe Park Visitor Center
- Tai Chi for Beginners
- Master Story Tellers Exhbition
- Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Abs Workout
- Meditation and Hatha Yoga