Opened in 1902, the park was named after famous American poet Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849), who rented its white farmhouse, now known as Poe Cottage, for $100 a year from 1846 to 1849.
Built in 1812, it was here Poe wrote “The Bells,” “Eureka,” and “Annabel Lee,” while living with his wife Virginia.
The cottage was originally located near the intersection of Kingsbridge Road and Valentine Avenue, but was moved in 1913, about 450 feet north of its original location, before opening to the public November 5, 1913.
The Poe Park Visitor Center is proud to announce our second year of Whimsical Winter Wonder. Through paintings,...
Directions to Poe Park
- January Events At Poe Park
- Greener Pastures: Celebrating 125 Years Of Bronx Parks
- Comic Book Art Exhibition On Display At Poe Park Visitor Center
Poe Park Weather