Planners of the East River Houses laid out plans for Playground 103 in 1940 with the names East River Drive Playground and F.D.R. Drive Playground. Designed by Voorhees, Walker, Foley, and Smith, the ten-story, 12.5-acre complex was one of the earliest housing projects, initiated after the 1936 founding of the New York City Housing Authority. Mayor Fiorello H. LaGuardia (1882-1947) was on-hand for the East River Houses’ 1941 opening. Currently 4000 people live in the Houses.
Directions to Playground 103 CIII
Playground 103 CIII Weather