Pelham Bay Park
Tour: Pelham Bay Park's Twin Islands
Saturday, October 5, 2013
10:15 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
This event repeats every day between 10/4/2013 and 10/5/2013.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
NYC Parks and the Natural Areas Conservancy will lead morning tours of Pelham Bay, the city's largest and most ecologically diverse park, including introductions to the park’s forests, wetlands, coastal areas, and diverse wildlife.
The tour will pass through Twin Islands, an area famed for its salt marshes, its rich Native American history, and its location at the geologic and ecological intersection of the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions.
The tours are held in celebration of the successful first year of the Natural Areas Conservancy, which has partnered with NYC Parks to better conserve New York's natural spaces. Tours will be followed by a short reception at the historic Bartow-Pell Mansion, located in Pelham Bay Park.
Directions to Pelham Bay Park
Pelham Bay Park Weather
- Go Explore The Wonders Of Winter
- NYC Parks Celebrates First Year Of Partnership With Natural Areas Conservancy
- Nyc Parks Celebrates First Year Of Partnership With Natural Areas Conservancy In Tour Of Pelham Bay
- Nature Photography: Winter Wildlife
- Historic New York: Estates of Pelham Bay
- The Architecture of Delano & Aldrich
- Cornelia Horsford: Early Preservationist in America’s Golden Age of Gardens
- Volunteer to Install Deer Browse Guards at Pelham Bay Park
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Nature Centers
- Roller Hockey
- Running Tracks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in
Pelham Bay Park