Pelham Bay Park
CityParks Seniors Fitness: Yoga
Thursday, October 3, 2013
9:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m.
This event repeats every week on Tuesday and Thursday between 9/24/2013 and 10/31/2013.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
City Parks Foundation welcomes all New Yorkers, 60 and over, to participate in CityParks Seniors Fitness. The Fall 2013 season of free fitness programs will begin the week of September 23rd and will offer free tennis lessons, yoga instruction and fitness walking in 14 parks across the city.
All activities in this six–week fitness program take place twice a week at each location through November 1, 2013. Participants are encouraged to maintain regular attendance to maximize health benefits.
CityParks Seniors Fitness has served over 5,000 participants since it began in 2006 and aims to keep neighborhood parks a great place for community activity. The program encourages New Yorkers to maximize the health benefits of staying active at every age. Even in moderate amounts, exercise can help participants feel better, maintain or lose weight, reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes, and minimize the symptoms of arthritis.
All equipment and instruction is provided free of charge.
Directions to Pelham Bay Park
Pelham Bay Park Weather
- NYC Parks Celebrates First Year Of Partnership With Natural Areas Conservancy
- Nyc Parks Celebrates First Year Of Partnership With Natural Areas Conservancy In Tour Of Pelham Bay
- Request for Proposals Issued for Summertime Concerts at Orchard Beach
- Holiday First Friday! with the Metropolitones
- Annual Holiday Family Day: A Storybook Christmas
- Holiday Evening Celebration
- Moderate Nature Exploration Hike
- A Storybook Christmas at Bartow-Pell
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Nature Centers
- Roller Hockey
- Running Tracks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in
Pelham Bay Park