Bronx Park, Hutch. River Pkwy. bet. Pelham Pkwy North and South
Directions via Google Maps
The inception of the Bronx and Pelham Parkway dates back to 1881, when John Mullaly (1835-1915), onetime New York City Health Commissioner and former secretary to inventor Samuel F. B. Morse, helped found the New York Park Association. Predicting rapid population growth in New York and rising land values, the Association called for more parkland in the South Bronx, which had been annexed to New York City in 1874. This effort culminated in the 1884 New Parks Act, and the City’s purchase of lands for Van Cortlandt, Claremont, Crotona, Bronx, St. Mary’s, and Pelham Bay Parks and the Moshulu, Crotona, and Bronx and Pelham Parkways between 1888 and 1890.
Directions to Pelham Parkway
- Pelham Bay Park Little League Ballfield Reconstruction
- Pelham Parkway Malls Reconstruction (X003-114M)