This playground takes its name from Northern Boulevard, which was originally named Jackson Avenue after John C. Jackson (1809-1889). Jackson was President of the Hunter’s Point, Newtown and Flushing Turnpike Company, which built Jackson Avenue in the early 1860s. In 1921, Jackson Avenue was renamed Northern Boulevard because of its position on the north shore of Queens.
Directions to Northern Playground
Northern Playground Weather