E. Fordham Rd., Creston Ave., E. 190 St.
Directions via Google Maps
This triangle, bounded by East Fordham Road, Creston Avenue, and East 190th Street, remained nameless until December 17, 1929, when the Board of Alderman named it Maurice Muller Park for a local civic leader and philanthropist who had recently passed away. Muller, who died in August 1929, was a member of the Bronx Lions Club and is famous for opening the first department store in the Bronx. This property was renamed Muller Park on June 18, 1987, and finally Muller Triangle on October 28, 1996.
The park’s several ginkgo trees have earned the park the nickname Ginkgo Square. Found mostly in Asia and known for its distinctive fan-shaped leaf, the ginkgo flourished during the Jurassic period 190 to 140 million years ago. Today, ginkgos are used in the treatment of tinnitus (ringing in the ears), vertigo, Alzheimer’s disease, and circulation-related disorders.