Msgr. McGolrick Park
Russell St., Monitor St. bet. Nassau Ave. and Driggs Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
In 1889 the City of Brooklyn acquired the land for a park on a site bounded by Monitor and Russell Streets, Nassau and Driggs Avenues. Winthrop Park was named for Assemblyman Winthrop Jones, who was instrumental in obtaining the $132,825 appropriation for the purchase. A lifelong resident of Greenpoint, Jones co-owned a lumberyard at the corner of Kent and West Streets and also worked as a job printer.
The 4th Annual McGolrick Egg Hunt will run as long as the thousands of eggs last. Kids will also get to meet the Easter...
Directions to Msgr. McGolrick Park
- Parks Dedicates Memorial Garden to Late Brooklyn Parks Supervisor
- Parks Salutes Its Employees of the Month
- Parks Remembers A Naval Battle, A Brilliant Designer, And The History Of Parks