NYC Resources311Office of the Mayor

Monsignor Crawford Field

Ave. U bet. E. 58 St., E. 59 St., and E. 60 St.

Brooklyn

Directions via Google Maps

This text is part of Parks’ Historical Signs Project and can be found posted within the park.

This field is named for Monsignor Thomas J. Crawford (1885-1966) who served as an assistant priest in six different parishes in Brooklyn and Long Island before becoming the founder-pastor of Mary Queen of Heaven, Brooklyn, in 1927. Monsignor Crawford worked tirelessly through the difficulties of the Great Depression (1929-1940), making Mary Queen of Heaven a thriving community institution.

Father Crawford was born in Brooklyn, New York, the oldest of ten children. During his childhood he attended Our Lady of Lourdes School, and St. John’s Preparatory. Upon graduating secondary school he spent two years at St. Francis Xavier College in Manhattan before entering St. John’s Seminary. He graduated as president of his class and was ordained on June 10, 1911.

Read More

Facilities

Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in
Monsignor Crawford Field

Park Information

Directions to Monsignor Crawford Field

    Monsignor Crawford Field Weather

    • Sun
      Sunny
      57°F
    • Mon
      Sunny
      61°F
    • Tue
      Chance Showers
      62°F
    • Wed
      Partly Sunny
      56°F

    7-day forecast

    Was this information helpful?