Middle Village War Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Location: 77 Street, 66 Road, Gray Street
- Description: Stele on plinth
- Materials: Barre granite
- Dimensions: Stele H: 8' W: 3'10" D: 1'1"; Plinth H: 9" W: 6' W: 3'3"
- Dedicated: 1945
- Donor: Citizens of Middle Village; Property Owners Association of Middle Village
- Inscription: [AMERICAN LEGION SEAL]
TO HONOR / THE MEMORY OF THE / HEROES WHO FOUGHT / IN THE WORLD WAR/
1917-1918 / MIDDLE VILLAGE POST 784 / ERECTED BY THE CITIZENS OF
MIDDLE VILLAGE / PROPERTY OWNERS ASS'N OF MIDDLE VILLAGE/ WORLD WAR II /
1941-1945/ KOREA / 1950-1955 / VIETNAM / 1964-1975 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143