Antonio Meucci Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Description: Stele on base
- Materials: Granite
- Dimensions: H: 62" W: 52" D:40" Diameter: 52"
- Dedicated: April 24, 1989
- Fabricator: Ottavino
- Donor: Italian Historical Society
- Inscription: ANTONIO MEUCCI / 1808-1889 / FATHER OF THE TELEPHONE / FIRST U.S. PATENT CAVEAT 3335 / DEC. 28, 1871 / ERECTED AD MCMLXXXIX / ITALIAN HISTORICAL SOCIETY / JOHN LA CORTE - FOUNDER / A. OTTAVINO - DONOR/
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143