Bushwick War Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Location: Bushwick, Metropolitan and Maspeth Avenues
- Sculptor: Piccirilli Brothers
- Architect: Presbrey, Leland Co.
- Description: Eagle on ball on triangular shaft on plinth; small tablet on ground with dedication date
- Materials: Tennessee pink marble
- Dimensions: Eagle H: 1'2"; Overall H: 14' W: 7'
- Cast: 1920
- Dedicated: December 5, 1920
- Donor: American Legion
- Inscription: 1) THIS MEMORIAL / RECORDS THE / PATRIOTISM / AND DEVOTION / OF THE MEN
OF / THE 13TH ASSEMBLY / DISTRICT WHO / SERVED THE / UNITED STATES/
IN THE WORLD / WAR / 1917-1918
2)/ [Honor Rolls]
3) Tablet:: ": DEC / 5 / 1920" [sealed box beneath tablet]
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143