Msgr. McGolrick Park
Russell St., Monitor St. bet. Nassau Ave. and Driggs Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
In 1889 the City of Brooklyn acquired the land for a park on a site bounded by Monitor and Russell Streets, Nassau and Driggs Avenues. Winthrop Park was named for Assemblyman Winthrop Jones, who was instrumental in obtaining the $132,825 appropriation for the purchase. A lifelong resident of Greenpoint, Jones co-owned a lumberyard at the corner of Kent and West Streets and also worked as a job printer.
Directions to Msgr. McGolrick Park
- Parks Dedicates Memorial Garden to Late Brooklyn Parks Supervisor
- Parks Salutes Its Employees of the Month
- Parks Remembers A Naval Battle, A Brilliant Designer, And The History Of Parks
Msgr. McGolrick Park Weather