Ice Skating Rinks
The ice skating rinks listed below offer a safe way to celebrate the cold weather. Please call rinks before your visit to confirm hours, as outdoor skating rink schedules can change due to weather conditions.
In addition to these ice skating rinks, as soon as the ice is strong enough, Parks & Recreation will designate safe-skating areas in large spray shower basins and other shallow water spots throughout the five boroughs. Signs will be clearly posted to show that these areas are safe for winter sports.
Important Ice Safety Guidelines
- Never go on frozen waters (unless clearly marked otherwise with official signs).
- Parents and caregivers should make sure children are never unattended near ice.
- If you hear cracking, lie down immediately to try to distribute your weight.
- If you witness someone falling through ice, never attempt to make a rescue by yourself. Call 911 and notify the proper authorities. Be sure to give the exact location and an account of the incident.
|McCarren Rink||776 Lorimer Street, behind the Play Center. Lorimer Street between Driggs and Bayard Streets||More Information|
Directions to McCarren Park
McCarren Park Weather
- McCarren Ice Rink Opens For Inaugural Season
- Mccarren Ice Rink Opens For Inaugural Season
- Mayor Bloomberg Cuts Ribbon On $50 Million Renovation Of Mccarren Pool And Play Center In Williamsburg And Opens City Pools For The Summer Season
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bocce Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Handball Courts
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Outdoor Pools
- Recreation Centers
- Running Tracks
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in