Marcus Garvey Park
Madison Ave, E. 120 St. to E. 124 St.
Directions via Google Maps
A park that nurtures its entire community, Marcus Garvey provides pastimes for children, teens, adults, and the elderly.
The two playgrounds are built for all children, including those with disabilities, giving the neighborhood's youngest members hours of fun on the park’s slides, fountains, and drawbridges. On summer days families and friends swim and sun in its outdoor pool, and in the warm evenings they gather to watch plays and concerts in the park’s amphitheater.
During the summer instructors teach swimming novices to do the crawl and improve their strokes in its indoor pool, and throughout the year classes as diverse as computer skills, kickboxing, yoga, and karate are offered to all who want them.
Discover the history of Marcus Garvey Park
Directions to Marcus Garvey Park
Know Before You Go
Marcus Garvey Park (Pool)
The little league comfort station at Marcus Garvey Park is currently closed for reconstruction.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2014
- Walk It Out! Trail Dedicated At Marcus Garvey Park
- Funds Invested To Restore Historic Fire Watchtower
- Funds Allocated To Restore Marcus Garvey Park’s Historic Fire Watchtower - Ribbon is Cut on Morningside Park's 123rd Street Playground
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Pool Structural Systems (CNYG-1011M)
- In-Kind Reconstruction of Deteriorated Structural Systems for Various Parks & Recreation Pool Facilities Citywide
- Marcus Garvey Park Comfort Station Reconstruction
- Marcus Garvey Park Fire Watchtower Dismantling
- Marcus Garvey Park Fire Watchtower Restoration
Marcus Garvey Park Weather