Back to Monuments List
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Description: Plaque on plinth
- Materials: Bronze, granite
- Dimensions: H: 12" W: 20" D: ½"
- Dedicated: May 30, 1946
- Donor: Metropolitan Post #385, American Legion
- Inscription: DEDICATED BY / METROPOLITAN POST 385 / THE AMERICAN LEGION
DEPARTMENT / OF NEW YORK / TO ALL MEMBERS OF / METROPOLITAN LIFE
INSURANCE COMPANY / WHO HAVE SERVED THEIR COUNTRY IN / THE ARMED
FORCES IN THE TIME OF WAR / MAY 30, 1946/
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143