Madison Square Park
Mad. Sq. Holiday Celebration
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
3:30 p.m.–5:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Beginning in 1912, Madison Square was home to the first public holiday tree in the nation. Every year we are honored to be the birthplace of this wonderful tradition and this year marks our centennial celebration of this momentous event.
Please join us and pull out your centennial hats for the celebration of Mad. Sq. Holiday on December 4, 2012! Festive revelry will include holiday entertainment from The New York Life Singers and family fave, Audra Rox, treats from Hill Country Barbecue Market, holiday crafting with MSPC, and much more.
Festivities start at 3:30pm with the Tree of Light ceremony commencing at 4:30pm.
Don’t forget to drop by our history booth to learn more about the Tree of Light and be a part of our new tradition by making a wish on our wishing tree!
This is a very special year and we hope to see everyone there for the 100th anniversary of our annual tree lighting!
Directions to Madison Square Park
- Health And Parks Departments Encourage New Yorkers To “Make NYC Your Gym”
- This Weekend in Parks
- First Flush At Madison Square Park
- Mad. Sq. Music: Suzanne Vega
- Mad. Sq. Music: Anat Cohen Quartet
- Mad. Sq. Music: The Grascals & Joy Kills Sorrow
- Mad. Sq. Music: Rene Marie’s “Experiment in Truth”
- Mad. Sq. Music: Ben Sollee