Back to Monuments List
James Madison Tree Marker
Click image for larger view
- Location: Between 24th and 25th Street
- Description: Plaque recessed into plinth
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 13" W: 18"
- Dedicated: 1936
- Foundry: General Bronze Co, Long Island City, NY
- Donor: Fifth Avenue Association Inc.
- Inscription: 1836 --- 1936 / THIS TREE / FROM THE VIRGINIA ESTATE / OF / FORMER
PRESIDENT JAMES MADISON / PRESENTED TO THE CITY OF NEW YORK / BY
THE / FIFTH AVENUE ASSOCIATION INC. / TO COMMEMORATE THE FIRST
CENTENNIAL / OF THE OPENING OF MADISON AVENUE/
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143