Back to Monuments List
New York Life Insurance Company War Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Location: Madison Avenue between 25th and 26th Streets
- Description: Plaque on plinth
- Materials: Bronze, granite
- Dimensions: H: 12" W: 20" D: ½"
- Dedicated: May 30, 1946
- Donor: New York Life Insurance Company, American Legion #503
- Inscription: DEDICATED BY / NYLIC POST 503 / THE AMERICAN LEGION
DEPARTMENT / OF NEW YORK / TO ALL MEMBERS OF / NEW YORK LIFE
INSURANCE COMPANY / WHO HAVE SERVED THEIR COUNTRY IN / THE ARMED
FORCES IN THE TIME OF WAR / MAY 30, 1946/
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143