Lt. Joseph Petrosino Park
16 Ave., New Utrecht Ave. bet. 70 St. and 71 St.
Directions via Google Maps
This trapezoidal park is bounded by 16th and New Utrecht Avenues, 70th and 71st Streets. The City of New York purchased the land in 1929, and a playground opened on the site on May 24, 1935. The plan revolved around a central open play area. Distributed around its perimeter were handball courts, slides, swings, a wading pool, jungle gym, and recreation building. The site was formerly known as Satellite Park. It underwent a $700,000 reconstruction in 1993. The handball courts, basketball courts, and playground were renovated, and new benches, fencing, lights, drainage, and landscaping were installed. With its tot lot, athletic facilities, and sitting areas, the park features recreational opportunities for all age groups.
Directions to Lt. Joseph Petrosino Park
Lt. Joseph Petrosino Park Weather