Inwood Hill Park
Emergency Preparedness: Extreme Weather
Saturday, February 1, 2014
12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Emergency Preparedness provides families and individuals with helpful information on how to be ready when an emergency situation arises.
Our Urban Park Rangers are skilled in the techniques of wilderness survival and emergency preparedness. On these fun, family friendly programs you will learn tips and tricks that will enhance your knowledge of the natural world, and might just save your life.
Whether you are preparing for an extended journey through the woods or just want to be more prepared for any situation, a wilderness survival program is perfect for you.
Directions to Inwood Hill Park
Know Before You Go
Inwood Hill Nature Center
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, this facility is closed until further notice.
Inwood Hill Park Weather
- A Lenape Meal At Inwood Hill Park
- Urban Park Rangers Present An Experience To Travel Back In Time And Live Off The Land
- Born To Be Wildlife: New Yorkers Learn About Their Furry And Feathered Friends At Urban Wildlife Appreciation Day
- Historic New York: Foundations of Inwood
- Kids Week Manhattan: Reptiles
- Kids Week Manhattan: Birding
- Birding: Eagles
- Storefront Science: Who Knows What Owls Eat?
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Nature Centers
- Roller Hockey
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in
Inwood Hill Park