Inwood Hill Park
Explore Science: Redesign Fort Tryon's Javits Playground with Leonissa Ardizzone
Sunday, January 26, 2014
2:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m.
Attention future architects, city planners, and young geniuses at large: join Dr. Leonissa Ardizzone of Storefront Science for a planning and designing session of the Javits playground renovation in Fort Tryon Park.
Let your voices be heard and let us know what you would like to see in your playground. In a previous science activity session participants mapped out the playground, this time the group will meet in Payson Park House at Dyckman Street and Payson Avenue to take on the next step and plan the future of Javits playground through fun, hands-on science and math activities!
Appropriate for Ages 5-10. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Directions to Inwood Hill Park
Know Before You Go
Inwood Hill Nature Center
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, this facility is closed until further notice.
Inwood Hill Park Weather
- A Lenape Meal At Inwood Hill Park
- Urban Park Rangers Present An Experience To Travel Back In Time And Live Off The Land
- Born To Be Wildlife: New Yorkers Learn About Their Furry And Feathered Friends At Urban Wildlife Appreciation Day
- Historic New York: Foundations of Inwood
- Kids Week Manhattan: Reptiles
- Kids Week Manhattan: Birding
- Birding: Eagles
- Storefront Science: Who Knows What Owls Eat?
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Nature Centers
- Roller Hockey
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in
Inwood Hill Park