Inwood Hill Park
CityParks Seniors Fitness: Tennis
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
10:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m.
This event repeats every week on Tuesday and Thursday between 9/24/2013 and 10/31/2013.
City Parks Foundation welcomes all New Yorkers, 60 and over, to participate in CityParks Seniors Fitness. The Fall 2013 season of free fitness programs will begin the week of September 23rd and will offer free tennis lessons, yoga instruction and fitness walking in 14 parks across the city.
All activities in this six–week fitness program take place twice a week at each location through November 1, 2013. Participants are encouraged to maintain regular attendance to maximize health benefits.
CityParks Seniors Fitness has served over 5,000 participants since it began in 2006 and aims to keep neighborhood parks a great place for community activity. The program encourages New Yorkers to maximize the health benefits of staying active at every age. Even in moderate amounts, exercise can help participants feel better, maintain or lose weight, reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes, and minimize the symptoms of arthritis.
All equipment and instruction is provided free of charge.
207th St. and Seaman Ave.
Directions to Inwood Hill Park
Know Before You Go
Inwood Hill Nature Center
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, this facility is closed until further notice.
Inwood Hill Park Weather
- A Lenape Meal At Inwood Hill Park
- Urban Park Rangers Present An Experience To Travel Back In Time And Live Off The Land
- Born To Be Wildlife: New Yorkers Learn About Their Furry And Feathered Friends At Urban Wildlife Appreciation Day
- Kids Week Manhattan: All About Birds
- Kids Week Manhattan: Rocks and Geology
- Kids Week Manhattan: Insects
- Kids Week Manhattan: Music Found in Nature
- Kids Week Manhattan: All About Conservation
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Nature Centers
- Roller Hockey
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in
Inwood Hill Park