Inwood Hill Park
Registration Closed: Inwood Hill Park: Garlic Mustard Removal
Sunday, April 14, 2013
1:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Come out and volunteer with Natural Areas Volunteers (NAV) at Inwood Hill Park to help remove Garlic Mustard from the forest. This work will help maintain the livelihood of the restored forest. Volunteers will be trained in invasive weed identification and removal techniques. Come dressed in sturdy boots or shoes, long pants and clothing that can get dirty. Please meet your NAV Tech lead on the park side of Isham Street & Seaman Avenue.
Space is limited, and this event is now full.
Directions to Inwood Hill Park
Know Before You Go
Inwood Hill Nature Center
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, this facility is closed until further notice.
Inwood Hill Park Weather
- A Lenape Meal At Inwood Hill Park
- Urban Park Rangers Present An Experience To Travel Back In Time And Live Off The Land
- Born To Be Wildlife: New Yorkers Learn About Their Furry And Feathered Friends At Urban Wildlife Appreciation Day
- Kids Week Manhattan: All About Birds
- Kids Week Manhattan: Rocks and Geology
- Kids Week Manhattan: Insects
- Kids Week Manhattan: Music Found in Nature
- Kids Week Manhattan: All About Conservation
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Nature Centers
- Roller Hockey
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in
Inwood Hill Park