The High Line
High Line Basics: Know Before You Go
The High Line is open from daily from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Last entry to the park is at 9:45 p.m.
Park rules prohibit:
- Walking on rail tracks, gravel, or plants
- Picking flowers or plants
- Throwing objects
- Sitting on railings or climbing on any part of the High Line
- Bicycles, skateboards, skates and scooters
- Performances or amplified sound, except by permit
- Commercial activity, except by permit
- Glass bottles
- Obstructing entrances or paths
- Drinking alcohol, except in designated concession areas
- Feeding birds or squirrels
- Dogs (dogs are currently not allowed on the High Line due to the limited area of the pathways and the fragility of the new plantings).
The High Line has entrances spaced every 2-3 blocks. Entrances are located at:
- Gansevoort Street and Washington Street (stairs)
- 14th Street, east of West Street (stairs and elevator available)
- 16th Street, east of 10th Avenue (stairs and elevator available)
- 18th Street, west of 10th Avenue (stairs)
- 20th Street, west of 10th Avenue (stairs)
There are elevators at 14th Street and 16th Street.
Directions to The High Line
The High Line Weather
- City Acquires Third Section Of The High Line
- Mayor Bloomberg, Speaker Quinn And Friends Of The High Line Announce The City's Acquisition Of The Third Section Of The High Line From CSX
- This Summer’s Blockbuster Is The High Line, Part II!
- High Line Basics: Know Before You Go