The High Line
Gansevoort St. To W. 30 St. bet.ween Washington St. and 11 Ave.
Manhattan, 10001, 10011, 10014
Directions via Google Maps
The High Line is an elevated freight rail line transformed into a public park on Manhattan’s West Side. It is owned by the City of New York, and maintained and operated by Friends of the High Line. Founded in 1999 by community residents, Friends of the High Line fought for the High Line’s preservation and transformation at a time when the historic structure was under the threat of demolition. It is now the non-profit conservancy working with the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation to make sure the High Line is maintained as an extraordinary public space for all visitors to enjoy. In addition to overseeing maintenance, operations, and public programming for the park, Friends of the High Line works to raise the essential private funds to support more than 90 percent of the park’s annual operating budget, and to advocate for the transformation of the High Line at the rail yards, the third and final section of the historic structure, which runs between West 30th and West 34th Streets.
For park information, including park hours, please visit the Friends of The High Line's information page, or please call the High Line Information Line: (212) 500-6035.
Know Before You Go
Park rules prohibit:
- Walking on rail tracks, gravel, or plants
- Picking flowers or plants
- Throwing objects
- Sitting or climbing on railings
- Use of skateboards, skates, or recreational scooters
- Amplified sound, except by permit
- Commercial activity, except by permit or otherwise authorized
- Obstructing entrances or paths
- Drinking alcohol, except in authorized areas
- Filming or photography requiring equipment or exclusive use of an area, except by permit
- Events or gatherings greater than 20 persons, except by permit
- Dogs, except for service dogs
Access to the High Line is possible via any of the access points listed below:
- Gansevoort Street
- 14th Street (elevator access)
- 16th Street (elevator access)
- 18th Street
- 20th Street
- 23rd Street (elevator access coming soon)
- 26th Street
- 28th Street
- 30th Street (elevator access)
The High Line is wheelchair accessible.
Directions to The High Line
- City Acquires Third Section Of The High Line
- Mayor Bloomberg, Speaker Quinn And Friends Of The High Line Announce The City's Acquisition Of The Third Section Of The High Line From CSX
- This Summer’s Blockbuster Is The High Line, Part II!
The High Line Weather