Invasive Vine Removal and Tree Mulching at Highland Park
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Volunteer with Natural Areas Volunteers (NAV) at Highland Park to help remove invasive exotic vines and care for newly planted trees. This work will help in the survival of these young trees. Volunteers will be trained in tree care, invasive weed identification and removal techniques. Come dressed in sturdy boots or shoes and warm clothing that can get dirty. Please meet your NAV Technical Leader on the corner of Elton Street and Jamaica Avenue.
Space is limited. Registration is required for this event.
Directions to Highland Park
Know Before You Go
Natural Turf ball fields 1 and 2 in Highland Park are currently under reconstruction.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2016
Highland Park Weather
- Snow Day! Parks Hosts Fun, Free Winter Snow Activities For Youth
- Queens Parks Administrator Honored by Highland Park Organization
- Forest and Highland Parks Salute Top Volunteers
- Nature Walk and Bird Watching
- Birding: Ridgewood Reservoir
- Latin Night
- Birdwatching at the Ridgewood Reservoir
- Puppets in the Park Presents 'Puss'n Boots'