Volunteer: Invasive Vine Removal at Highland Park
Saturday, December 14, 2013
9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Volunteer with Natural Areas Volunteers (NAV) at Highland Park to care for newly planted trees.
This work will help in the survival of young trees. Volunteers will be trained in tree care, invasive weed identification and removal techniques.
Come dressed in sturdy boots or shoes, long pants, and clothing that can get dirty.
Space is limited. Registration is required for this event.
. Please meet your NAV Tech Lead at the corner of Elton Street and Jamaica Avenue.
Directions to Highland Park
Know Before You Go
Natural Turf ball fields 1 and 2 in Highland Park are currently under reconstruction.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2016
Highland Park Weather
- Snow Day! Parks Hosts Fun, Free Winter Snow Activities For Youth
- Queens Parks Administrator Honored by Highland Park Organization
- Forest and Highland Parks Salute Top Volunteers
- Nature Walk and Bird Watching
- Birding: Ridgewood Reservoir
- Latin Night
- Birdwatching at the Ridgewood Reservoir
- Puppets in the Park Presents 'Puss'n Boots'