W 155 St and Dyckman St, Edgecombe Av & Amsterdam Av
Directions via Google Maps
Named after the High Bridge, the city's oldest standing bridge, Highbridge Park was assembled piecemeal between 1867 and the 1960s, with the bulk being acquired through condemnation from 1895 to 1901.
Although widely known for its important landmarks, the Highbridge tower and formerly mentioned bridge, the park offers natural beauty and recreational fun that serve as reason enough to visit. The park boasts the city’s first mountain biking course and a world class skate park. Open vistas and an unusual geologic makeup greet visitors who stroll the pathways north and south through the park, while pedestrians and waterside cyclists on the greenways cherish its magnificent cliffs and large rock outcroppings. The Highbridge Recreation Center and Pool have kept active New Yorkers busy since 1936, and several playgrounds and ballfields have been constructed throughout the park over the last century.
Bridge the gap between you and fun; visit Highbridge Park today!
Discover the history of Highbridge Park
Located along the esplanade leading up to the recently opened High Bridge, Oh Sit! 14 Sculptors Consider the...
Featured Capital Project
After closing for more than 40 years, the High Bridge, NYC's oldest standing bridge, re-opened to the public on June 9, 2015. Take a look.
Directions to Highbridge Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Highbridge Recreation Center
On Columbus Day, Monday, October 12, this Recreation Center is open from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Anticipated Completion: 10/12/2015
As of Monday, October 12, The High Bridge will be open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. High Bridge hours will change seasonally.
- NYC Parks Issues Request For Proposals For Ice Skating Rink At Highbridge Park
- High Bridge Festival
- NYC Parks Cuts the Ribbon on Restored Historic John T. Brush Stairway, Last Remnant of the Old Polo Grounds
- Citywide Reconstruction & Stabilization of Retaining Walls and Seawalls (CNYG-514M)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Electrical Systems (CNYG-1611MA)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Pool Structural Systems (CNYG-1011M)
- Highbridge Community Garden Reconstruction
- Highbridge Park Brush Stair Demolition and Reconstruction