W 155 St and Dyckman St, Edgecombe Av & Amsterdam Av
Directions via Google Maps
Named after the High Bridge, the city's oldest standing bridge, Highbridge Park was assembled piecemeal between 1867 and the 1960s, with the bulk being acquired through condemnation from 1895 to 1901.
Although widely known for its important landmarks, the Highbridge tower and formerly mentioned bridge, the park offers natural beauty and recreational fun that serve as reason enough to visit. Open vistas and an unusual geologic makeup greet visitors who stroll the pathways north and south through the park, while pedestrians and waterside cyclists on the greenways cherish its magnificent cliffs and large rock outcroppings. The Highbridge Recreation Center and Pool have kept active New Yorkers busy since 1936, and several playgrounds and ballfields have been constructed throughout the park over the last century.
Bridge the gap between you and fun; visit Highbridge Park today!
Help us develop a plan to guide the development of Northern Manhattan Parks over the course of the next 20 years.
Submit your ideas through our interactive map.
Discover the history of Highbridge Park
Featured Capital Project
After 40 years of closure, the High Bridge, the oldest standing bridge in New York City, will be re-opened to the public in 2015.
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Outdoor Pools
- Recreation Centers
- Spray Showers
- Volleyball Courts
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in
Directions to Highbridge Park
- This Weekend In Parks
- Parks Cuts The Ribbon On Improvements To Highbridge Recreation Center
- NYC Parks Cuts The Ribbon On Juan Bosch Plaza At Highbridge Park
- Citywide Reconstruction & Stabilization of Retaining Walls and Seawalls (CNYG-514M)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Electrical Systems (CNYG-1611MA)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Pool Structural Systems (CNYG-1011M)
- Highbridge Park Ice Rink Reconstruction
- Highbridge Water Tower Reconstruction
Highbridge Park Weather