W 155 St and Dyckman St, Edgecombe Av & Amsterdam Av
Directions via Google Maps
Named after the High Bridge, the city's oldest standing bridge, Highbridge Park was assembled piecemeal between 1867 and the 1960s, with the bulk being acquired through condemnation from 1895 to 1901.
Although widely known for its important landmarks, the Highbridge tower and formerly mentioned bridge, the park offers natural beauty and recreational fun that serve as reason enough to visit. The park boasts the city’s first mountain biking course and a world class skate park. Open vistas and an unusual geologic makeup greet visitors who stroll the pathways north and south through the park, while pedestrians and waterside cyclists on the greenways cherish its magnificent cliffs and large rock outcroppings. The Highbridge Recreation Center and Pool have kept active New Yorkers busy since 1936, and several playgrounds and ballfields have been constructed throughout the park over the last century.
Bridge the gap between you and fun; visit Highbridge Park today!
Discover the history of Highbridge Park
On Sunday afternoons, volunteers go into Highbridge Forest and tackle the modern day challenge of native reforestation....
Featured Capital Project
After closing for more than 40 years, the High Bridge, NYC's oldest standing bridge, re-opened to the public on June 9, 2015. Take a look.
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Outdoor Pools
- Recreation Centers
- Skate Parks
- Spray Showers
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in
Directions to Highbridge Park
Know Before You Go
As of Monday, October 12, The High Bridge will be open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. High Bridge hours will change seasonally.
- Highbridge Recreation Center Celebrates Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Of Service
- NYC Parks Issues Request For Proposals For Ice Skating Rink At Highbridge Park
- High Bridge Festival
- Citywide Reconstruction & Stabilization of Retaining Walls and Seawalls (CNYG-514M)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Electrical Systems (CNYG-1611MA)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Plumbing Systems (CNYG-1711MA1)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Pool Structural Systems (CNYG-1011M)
- Highbridge Community Garden Reconstruction