W 155 St and Dyckman St, Edgecombe Av & Amsterdam Av
Directions via Google Maps
Named after the High Bridge, the city's oldest standing bridge, Highbridge Park was assembled piecemeal between 1867 and the 1960s, with the bulk being acquired through condemnation from 1895 to 1901.
Although widely known for its important landmarks, the Highbridge tower and formerly mentioned bridge, the park offers natural beauty and recreational fun that serve as reason enough to visit. The park boasts the city’s first mountain biking course and a world class skate park. Open vistas and an unusual geologic makeup greet visitors who stroll the pathways north and south through the park, while pedestrians and waterside cyclists on the greenways cherish its magnificent cliffs and large rock outcroppings. The Highbridge Recreation Center and Pool have kept active New Yorkers busy since 1936, and several playgrounds and ballfields have been constructed throughout the park over the last century.
Bridge the gap between you and fun; visit Highbridge Park today!
Discover the history of Highbridge Park
Located along the esplanade leading up to the recently opened High Bridge, Oh Sit! 14 Sculptors Consider the...
Featured Capital Project
After 40 years of closure, the High Bridge, the oldest standing bridge in New York City, will be re-opened to the public in 2015.
Directions to Highbridge Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Highbridge Recreation Center
On Friday, July 3, this Recreation Center is open 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. On Saturday, July 4, this Recreation Center is closed. We hope you enjoy the holiday!
Anticipated Completion: 07/04/2015
The High Bridge will be open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. In the coming months, visitors may notice crews completing a few remaining construction items on the bridge. The completion of these final touches will have a minimal impact on visitor experience.
- NYC Parks Partners With NYC Department Of Design And Construction To Re-open The High Bridge To The Public
- This Weekend In Parks
- Parks Cuts The Ribbon On Improvements To Highbridge Recreation Center
- Citywide Reconstruction & Stabilization of Retaining Walls and Seawalls (CNYG-514M)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Electrical Systems (CNYG-1611MA)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Pool Structural Systems (CNYG-1011M)
- Highbridge Park Brush Stair Demolition and Reconstruction
- Highbridge Park Ice Rink Reconstruction