Haviland Ave., Watson Ave. bet. Virginia Ave. and Pugsley Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
This playground honors a colonial-era farming family from the Westchester area. In 1695, Joseph and Mary Haviland bought 30 acres of land on the east bank of the Bronx River. Joseph Haviland was listed in 1703 as a trustee and freeholder of the Town of Westchester. Other Havilands appear in local records throughout the century, including an Ebenezer Haviland, farmer of Cow Neck (near present-day Grant Circle).
Directions to Haviland Playground
Haviland Playground Weather