Great Kills Park
Hylan Blvd., Old Mill Rd., Cedar Grove Ave. bet. Hopkins Ave. and New Dorp La.
Directions via Google Maps
Great Kills Park is known for its four beaches: New Dorp Beach; Cedar Grove Beach; Oakwood Beach; and Fox Beach. One of the four, New Dorp Beach, was once the home of the second permanent European settlement in Staten Island. Today, these beaches and wetlands help fight against erosion and flooding in nearby neighborhoods.
Proposed Cedar Grove Beach Rehabilitation
The Department of Parks & Recreation (DPR), lead agency for CEQR and SEQRA review, proposes to restore Cedar Grove Beach. The project includes the demolition of a majority of vacant beach bungalows and adaptive reuse of others for park related purposes. The proposed action will provide improved beach access to the area for the general public and include the rehabilitation of existing parking areas on site, minor rehabilitation of the existing pick up sport play area, construction of a new playground and construction of a new bike path.
Directions to Great Kills Park
- Cedar Grove Beach Access Improvements
- Cedar Grove Beach Freshwater Wetlands Reconstruction and Planting
- Great Kills Park at New Dorp Lane Site Restoration (Hurricane Sandy)
- New Dorp Center Interior Reconstruction (Hurricane Sandy)
- Staten Island Building Demolition (Hurricane Sandy)
Great Kills Park Weather