Graniteville Swamp Park
Goethals Rd. N., Meeker Ave., Morrow St.
Staten Island, 10303
Directions via Google Maps
This park and the surrounding neighborhood, previously known as Bennett’s Corners and Fayetteville, were named for granite – a course-grained, light-colored rock. A quarry, believed to contain this rock, existed in the Graniteville area from 1841 to 1896. Stone from the quarry was used in the construction of the old Christ United (Episcopal) Methodist Church, now the Korean Methodist Church. Unbeknownst to residents until recently, the Graniteville quarry did not yield granite, but a crystallized stone called trap rock.
Directions to Graniteville Swamp Park
Graniteville Swamp Park Weather