Grandview Playground is named after adjacent Grandview Avenue. It was originally known as the Mariners Harbor Houses Playground, for the adjacent housing project. Both the playground and the housing complex draw their names from the neighborhood of Mariners Harbor in northwestern Staten Island.
Mariners Harbor was once synonymous with the oyster industry on Staten Island. Before the turn of the 20th century and the subsequent pollution of the harbor, the community had a thriving oyster trade (both fishing and harvesting) and a successful ship building and repair industry in the waters of the Kill van Kull.
Directions to Grandview Playground
- Arrochar Playground and Grandview Playground Comfort Station Reconstruction
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Electrical Systems (CNYG-614M)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Plumbing Systems (CNYG-714M)
- Grandview Playground Reconstruction
- Staten Island General Site Work (RG-1013M)