Back to Monuments List
The Navy: American Sailors At Sea Urged On By the Genius of Patriotism
Click image for larger view
- Sculptor: Frederick William MacMonnies
- Architect: Stanford White
- Description: Group in high relief on platform
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 22'3" W: 11'3¾" D: 7'5½"
- Cast: 1901
- Dedicated: 1901
- Foundry: Thiebaut Freres, Paris; Henry-Bonnard Company, New York
- Donor: City of Brooklyn
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143