Back to Monuments List
Click image for larger view
- Location: Grand Army Plaza entrance between Prospect Park West and Flatbush Avenue
- Sculptor: Frederick William MacMonnies
- Architect: Stanford White
- Description: Four columns, each with four small eagles surmounting globes at middle sections and one large eagle surmounting globe at top
- Materials: Granite, bronze
- Dimensions: Small eagle (each) H: 6'7" W: 5'7"; Small eagle and globe (each) H: 9'; Large eagle (each) H: 6'8" W: 5'6"; Large eagle and globe (each) H: 9'11"; Column (each) H: 50'
- Cast: ca. 1901
- Dedicated: 1901
- Donor: Purchase
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143