Back to Monuments List
Edith Bowdoin ASPCA Horse Trough
- Location: Grand Army Plaza, southeast corner of Central Park
- Description: Rectangular basin "Type G" trough
- Materials: Granite
- Dimensions: 20 1/2" h, 53" l, 35 1/2" d
- Dedicated: 1912
- Fabricator: M. McGrath and Co.
- Donor: Edith Bowdoin
- Inscription: (west face):
PRESENTED TO THE / A.S.P.C.A. / BY / EDITH G. BOWDOIN / 1912 /
REDEDICATED TO THE HORSES / OF THE CITY OF NEW YORK / BY THE / CITY OF NEW YORK / PARKS & RECREATION / CENTRAL PARK CONSERVANCY / AND THE ASPCA / 2001 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143