Anthony R. Gaeta Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Description: Relief plaque mounted on face of slab
- Materials: Plaque--bronze; slab--Canadian granite
- Dimensions: Plaque H: 1'6" at center and 1'3" at sides W: 2'6"
- Cast: 1994
- Dedicated: October 22, 1994
- Foundry: Modern Art Foundry
- Inscription: ANTHONY R. GAETA / 1927-1988 / "KNOW WHAT YOUR VALUES ARE IN LIFE - THEN TOUGH DECISIONS ARE NOT HARD TO MAKE." / BOROUGH PRESIDENT OF STATEN ISLAND / 1977-1984 / IN APPRECIATION OF HIS ACHIEVEMENTS - OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP IN THIRTY-NINE / YEARS OF DISTINGUISHED PUBLIC SERVICE, HIS CONTRIBUTION TO THE RESTORATION OF / THE ALICE AUSTEN HOUSE, AND HIS ROLE IN THE OFFICIAL DESIGNATION OF THE GREENBELT. / PARK DEDICATED OCTOBER 22, 1994 / RUDOLPH W. GIULIANI, MAYOR OF THE CITY OF NEW YORK / GUY V. MOLINARI, BOROUGH PRESIDENT OF STATEN ISLAND / HENRY J. STERN, COMMISSIONER OF PARKS & RECREATION /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 304-2365