Victory Blvd., W. Shore Exwy., Richmond Ave. bet. Sign Rd., Travis Ave. and Arthur Kill Rd.
Directions via Google Maps
The Freshkills Park Project is focused on transforming the former Fresh Kills Landfill on the Arthur Kill waterfront of Staten Island into a new public park over the next 30 years.
At 2,200 acres - almost three times the size of Central Park - New York’s Freshkills Park is one of the most ambitious public works projects in the world, combining state-of-the-art ecological restoration techniques with extraordinary settings for recreation, public art, and facilities for many sports and programs that are unusual in the city.
Book a tour of the park site and read in-depth information about the project on the Freshkills Park Project page.
Featured Capital Project
View photos of this gigantic project and read about its progress.
Directions to Freshkills Park
Dig deeper into the landfill-turned-park. Read about our vision and how we'll make it come to life.
- NYC Parks Cuts Ribbon On New Springville Greenway At Freshkills Park
- Parks: A New Lens
- Spring Birdwatching In New York City
- Fresh Kills Park Multi-use Pathway and Ballfield Construction
- Freshkills Park East Park Pathway, Boardwalk, and Fencing Construction
- Freshkills Park North Park Comfort Station and Pathway Construction
- New Springville Greenway Construction
- Owl Hollow Fields Comfort Station - Electrical