A pristine stretch surrounding a preserved Civil War fortress, Fort Totten Park provides not only recreation and relaxation but a fascinating glimpse into New York’s past.
Year-round, New Yorkers flock to Fort Totten Park to enjoy its special events, natural wonders, and historic buildings. On hot summer days, swimmers can take a dip in the pool and sunbathe around its grassy edges, or take canoes out and paddle along the Long Island Sound. Come Halloween, thousands are spooked by its enormous haunted “house,” located in the old water battery. During the winter, bird enthusiasts congregate to watch migrating waterfowl rest before their long journey south. And exploring the fortress and its surrounding buildings remains a unique adventure during any season.
Urban Park Rangers lead regular tours of the fortress and the wildlife surrounding it for those who enjoy guided treks, and a visitors’ center inside the park provides helpful information on the park’s past for those prefer to scout alone.
Join the Urban Park Rangers as they mix history with Halloween fun on a lantern tour of the historic Water Battery at...
Directions to Fort Totten Park
- Fort Totten Tunnel Tour With The Urban Park Rangers
- This Weekend In Parks: Halloween Edition
- Parks & USDA Cut Ribbon On First-Ever Urban Field Station in NYC Parks
- Citywide Comfort Station and Park Facility Reconstruction (CNYG-515M)
- Citywide Electrical System Reconstruction for Comfort Stations & Parks Facilities (CNYG-615M)
- Fort Totten Park Chapel and Commander's House Reconstruction
- Fort Totten Park Seawall Reconstruction
- Junction and Corona Golf Playground Play Equipment Installation (QG-615M)
Northeast Queens Administrators Office : (718) 352-4793