Myrtle Ave., Union Turnpike, Park Lane South bet. Brooklyn-Queens County Line and Park Lane
Directions via Google Maps
A mix of natural treasures and manmade prizes, Forest Park is 500+ acres of options for visitors.
With a “knob and kettle” terrain (a series of small hills) and 165 acres of trees, the park is an agrarian delight. Park goers interested in exploring Forest Park’s natural settings firsthand often travel to its eastern portion, which abounds in hiking trails and bridle paths. Horses can be hired from a private stable in order to cover more ground from a higher perspective.
Heading west, Forest Park transforms into an athlete’s playground. Softball, baseball, tennis, bocce, handball, and golf are a few of your options when you wander through this portion of the park. The 110-acre, par 67 golf course was modeled after Scottish links and maintains its reputation as one of the City’s most challenging golf courses.
Music fans know that the western portion of Forest Park includes non-sports-related highlights as well. The George Seuffert, Sr. Bandshell, which can accommodate 2,800 people, hosts free concerts throughout the warm season.
Attend an Urban Park Rangers event for an introduction to Forest Park’s geology, forestry, or animals, or grab a blanket or baseball mitt and head to the park to explore at your own pace!
Discover the history of Forest Park
Urban Park Rangers connect children with nature to encourage active exploration of the natural world. Children who...
Lions and tigers and chariots! Oh my! Learn about this century-old merry-go-round, one of only five within the Parks Department, before hopping on to take a spin.
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Nature Centers
- Running Tracks
- Skate Parks
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in
Forest Park Panorama
Click the image and use your mouse to drag it in the direction you would like to go.
Download QuickTime version (Right click and save link as)
Select a Forest Park panorama:
Directions to Forest Park
- A Greener Greenhouse Blossoms In Queens
- Parks Issues Request For Proposals To Renovate, Operate And Maintain Carousels At Forest And Flushing Meadows Corona Park
- Parks Cuts The Ribbon On Seven Reconstructed Tennis Courts At Forest Park
- Austin, Giovanelli, and, Utopia Playgrounds - Reconstruction
- Citywide Reconstruction & Stabilization of Retaining Walls and Seawalls (CNYG-514M)
- Citywide Steel Guiderails,Timber Rails and Fencing Installation (CNYG-1414M)
- Forest Park Greenhouse Reconstruction
- Forest Park T-Ball Field and The Overlook Drainage System Reconstruction (Q015-113M)
- Devoy Playground
- Dry Harbor Playground
- Forest Park
- George Seuffert, Sr. Bandshell
- Jackson Pond Playground
Forest Park Administrator: (718) 235-0815
Forest Park Golf Course: (718) 296-0999