Back to Monuments List
Flushing Bay Promenade Pavement
Click image for larger view
- Sculptor: Jackie Ferrara
- Architect: Micelli Kulik Williams
- Description: Abstract paving pattern installed on the promenade; pattern connects the two remaining "Candela structures," and includes their floors; structures serve as shade houses.
- Materials: Clay bricks in following colors: "601 sunlit earth," "410 gunstock brown," "820 Sahara"
- Dimensions: L: 240' W: 12'
- Cast: 2000
- Dedicated: 2001
- Fabricator: Marion Ceramics
- Donor: Percent For Art
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143