Back to Monuments List
Bowdoin Horse Trough I
Click image for larger view
- Location: Northern Boulevard and Linden Place
- Description: Rectangular horse trough with filling at either end and feed pipe at center
- Materials: Trough--(Deer Isle?) granite; Filling--concrete
- Dimensions: H: 1'10" W: 4'2" D: 2'8"
- Cast: ca. 1909
- Dedicated: 1909
- Donor: Edith G. Bowdoin
- Inscription: PRESENTED TO THE / A. S. P. C. A. / BY / EDITH G. BOWDOIN / 1909
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143