Franklin D. Roosevelt Boardwalk and Beach
Ft. Wadsworth To Miller Field, Fr Capodanno Blvd.
Directions via Google Maps
This 2.5-mile boardwalk and beach area extends southeast from Fort Wadsworth to Miller Field’s Gateway Recreational Area, parallel to Father Capodanno Boulevard. Located on the Atlantic Ocean, it is one of New York City’s four spacious beachfront areas.
Run along the boardwalk, looking out to the lower bay and Hoffman Island, with backdrops of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. Other key sights include Fort Wadsworth and Brooklyn’s Fort Hamilton Army Base.
Directions to Franklin D. Roosevelt Boardwalk and Beach
Know Before You Go
Midland Beach and Franklin D. Roosevelt Boardwalk
The Midland Beach Entry Plaza will create a new public open space that will connect the community, boardwalk, promenade and beach. A decorative fountain with cascading waves of water will provide a focal point for the entrance to the beach promenade. In the central space of the plaza there will be a pattern of colored pavements with a series of interactive spray showers that can be enjoyed by children and adults alike. The entry plaza will also provide new drinking fountains, benches and colorful native plantings. A 104-space parking area, designed to include sustainable practices, will collect stormwater in a series of inter-connected rain gardens. The gardens will filter the water to an underground detention system that will recharge the groundwater. This work will take place on the land located at Father Capodanno Blvd & Seaview Ave in Midland Beach.
Anticipated Completion: Summer 2014
- Visit Staten Island's New Fantasy Shore Amusement Park
- NYC Parks Kicks Off Summer Beach Season In New York City
- U.S. Secretary Of Labor Visits Midland Beach
- Midland Beach Timoshenko Field Reconstruction (Hurricane Sandy)
- Staten Island General Site Work (RG-212M)
- Staten Island General Site Work (RG-713M)
- Staten Island General Site Work (RG-913M)
- Bobby Thomson Field
- Capodanno Memorial
- Fdr Boardwalk And Beach
- Horseshoe Crabs In New York City Parks - Midland Beach
- Horseshoe Crabs In New York City Parks - South Beach
Franklin D. Roosevelt Boardwalk and Beach Weather