This playground is named after the Klein family farm that formerly occupied the land. In 1895, the Klein family purchased the land bounded by 73rd Avenue, 195th Street, and 196th Place, and moved from Brooklyn to Queens. The farm gradually expanded to include almost two hundred acres at its largest. In 1936, the family began selling parcels of land—a few acres at a time, at prices ranging from $750 to $1,200 per acre. Among the buyers were the New York Life Insurance Company and the Roman Catholic Church.
Directions to Farm Playground
Farm Playground Weather