Schieffelin Ave. bet. E. 266 Dr. and E. 229 St.
Directions via Google Maps
This playground, like the adjacent housing project, street, and neighborhood, takes its name from the Edenwald Estate, which stood near Boston Road, Light Street and Conner Street. From 1900 to 1913, John H. Eden owned the north central Bronx estate whose name in German means ‘Eden’s Forest.’ Some time after Eden sold the estate, it became a Hebrew Orphan Asylum. After World War II, the City acquired the land in order to build the 2,036-unit housing development, which houses approximately 6,000 residents.
Directions to Edenwald Playground
Edenwald Playground Weather