This playground’s name is derived from its position in relation to nearby Springfield Boulevard.
Originally part of the St. Albans community, Cambria Heights had been included in a 1655 land grant from the Director General of the New Netherland colony, Peter Stuyvesant (1610-1672). Consisting largely of marshlands, forests, and farms, the area remained a relatively rural well into the 20th century. At that time the area consisted of only two roads: Central Avenue, which is now Linden Boulevard, and Springfield Boulevard.
Directions to East Springfield Playground
East Springfield Playground Weather