Click image for larger view
- Sculptor: Attilio Piccirilli
- Description: Bust on plinth on pedestal supported by two-part base
- Materials: Bust and plinth--Carrara marble; Pedestal and base--granite
- Dimensions: Bust and plinth H: 4'3" W: 4'4" D: 2'3"; Pedestal H: 5'7" W: 2'7" D: 2'3"
- Dedicated: c. 1926; 1992 (rededication)
- Inscription: 1) Sculpture: A. PICCIRILLI /
2) Pedestal :COLVMBVS / OCTOBER 12 1492 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 304-2365