Nature Hike (moderate)
Sunday, August 24, 2014
11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Hiking is the ultimate way to enjoy the outdoors and reduce stress. Regardless of the intensity level, it is a great way to burn calories and stay fit.
Our Urban Park Rangers will introduce you to the hidden gems of New York City. On Nature Exploration Hikes we will discover the plants and animals that inhabit the urban forest.
Hiking programs feature intensity levels ranging from light, (a leisurely stroll on mostly paved paths), to moderate (longer, faster paced hikes on rugged terrain), to vigorous (long distance, with hills and rugged terrain). For all hiking programs we recommend wearing comfortable shoes or boots, and packing water and a light snack.
Directions to Cunningham Park
Cunningham Park Weather
- Queens Park Supervisor Goes "Beyond The Call"
- Coming Soon To Our Parks: Mountain Biking!
- AFTERSCHOOL STUDENTS CALL THE SHOTS
- Movies Under the Stars: Dead Poets Society
- Movies Under the Stars: Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Shakespeare in the Park: The Merry Wives of Windsor
- Movies Under the Stars: Mr. Holland's Opus
- Concert in the Park: Just 60s
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Cricket Fields
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Hiking Trails
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in